Stretch marks are not pretty. Whether its due to a pregnancy or a growth spurt during your teens, its a scourge many women and some men want to abolish. There are lots of chemical creams on the market, but mother nature has her own solutions to help you out. Take a look at some natural remedies to reduce stretch marks, which won’t costs a fortune.
Natural OilsThere are few oils that will help with stretch marks. Argan oil, olive oil and castor oil are all beneficial for your skin.
- Argan Oil is enriched with Vitamin E, which increases the elasticity of the skin. Rubbing it on the stretch marks might heal the broken tissues and gradually make the marks fade.
- Olive oil is an affordable remedy that helps to repair skin damage. It’s full of antioxidants and other nutrients which have moisturizing properties.
- Castor oil is also know to improve the skins condition and reduce stretch marks. Apply it directly on the stretch marks and massage it in a circular motion for about 15 minutes. Cover the area with a thin towel or cloth and use a hot water bottle or heating pad to keep the area warm for a few minutes. For best results, do this as often as you can for a month.
Kitchen RemediesLuckily there are many solutions for getting rid of stretch marks right there in your kitchen. Try some of these easy remedies below for a cost effective treatment.
- Egg whites – Egg whites are a superfood for the skin. Rich in amino acids and high in protein they will help lighten lines and simultaneously tighten up the skin. You can whip up a couple of egg whites and apply them to the area. Leave on for a few minutes then wipe off with a warm cloth.
- Cucumber lemon juice – Mix some lemon juice with cucumber juice in equal parts. Apply this liquid to the stretch marks until it gets soaked up. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off. Cucumber is soothing while the lemon juice helps to reduce scars and heal the skin.
- Black tea – It contains several vitamins and minerals, which helps to control skin pigmentation. Boil some black tea with some salt added to the water. Let it seep, and after it has cooled down apply the mixture to the marks. Over time with constant use it will help the make the marks disappear.
- Water – Not quite a remedy, but remember to keep yourself hydrated. Your skin will look healthier and fuller if you have enough water in your system. This will help the area where the marks are situated plump up.