Orange Essential Oil, most commonly referred to as Sweet Orange Essential Oil, is derived from the fruits of the Citrus sinensis botanical. Conversely, Bitter Orange Essential Oil is derived from the fruits of the Citrus aurantium botanical.
In contrast to most essential oils, it is extracted as a by-product of orange juice production by centrifugation, producing a cold-pressed oil.
A citrus scented oil. Has a sedating effect on the digestion and nervous system.
- Nervous tension and stress related conditions
- Water retention
- Combats colds and flu
- Brightens dull and oily complexions
- Used in treatment of mouth ulcers
- Assists in Controlling spasms.
- In aromatherapy it has a calming effect that helps reduce pulse rate
- Can also stimulate the strength and resilience of the immune system and eliminate airborne bacteria
- Bath Oils
- Massage and Skin Oils
- Vaporisation in diffusers
- Skin creams and lotions
- clary sage
- spice oils such as nutmeg, cinnamon and clove.
Do not use orange oil in the sunlight as it discolours the skin when exposed to sunlight.