L. Salvia sclarea, the clary or clary sage, is a biennial or short-lived herbaceous perennial in the genus Salvia.
Clary Sage Essential Oil is derived through extraction from the leaves and bud of the Clary Sage plant. It has a gentle and refreshing scent and a soothing aroma that makes it incredibly popular in calming teas and aromatherapy blends.
Throughout history, the oil was most commonly known for its benefits when treating the eyes. As time went on it’s extensive healing properties came to light.
- Effective in the treatment of eye irritations
- Has antibacterial properties
- Effective in reducing the symptoms of menopause
- Soothes muscle cramps and spasms
- For eye care, add 2 to 3 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil to a clean and warm wash cloth, and press the cloth over both eyes for 10 minutes
- Added to soaps, it can help to sooth, moisturize, and soften the skin
- Added to shampoo and conditioner, this Essential Oil strengthens the hair, giving it a beautiful glow
- Its scent is proven to reduce stress and evoke a calming mood
- This Essential Oil can be used as an ingredient in tea products or in humidifiers to imbue the environment with its aromatherapeutic benefits
Test a small area of skin before applying the oil to large areas of skin and avoid using clary sage oil before driving or operating heavy machinery.
People should also stop using clary sage oil and consult with a medical professional if any issues arise.
PLEASE NOTE: Aromatherapy is a complementary therapy. It does not provide a cure for diseases, rashes or illnesses, but it can support conventional treatment of various conditions.
We are not medical doctors and if you are currently on any sort of medication or treatment prescribed by your medical practitioner, please check with them first before attempting any of the therapies or treatments suggested in this course.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please check with your medical practitioner before using any of the essential oil blends suggested here, as some are not suitable to be used during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
The suggestions and remedies on this website are recommended with adults in mind and may not be suitable for young children as their senses, and skins are very sensitive and can cause allergic reactions.