Don’t spend hundreds of rands on diffuser oils when you can make your own at home. Below is the recipe for a citronella oil to keep at bay those pesky bugs, but you can use our base oil to make any scent you like, and any color you like.
What you need:
- Rattan Reeds
- 50ml citronella essential oil
- 100ml diffuser oil base
- yellow liquid color
- green liquid color
- Glass bottle of your choice
- Combine the essential oil and the diffuser oil base and mix very well.
- Add the colorants to create a light green/lime color oil.
- This way the reeds absorb the fragrance and the colour and you have matching reeds with fragrance.
- Pour the mixed diffuser oil into your bottle and add your rattan reeds.
- Leave the reeds to absorb the oil up the hollow tubes for a couple of hours and turn them over.
- You can turn them over every couple of days for best results.
- The colorants are optional but they do look pretty and help with the aesthetics of the product, making it easier to sell.
Use this diffuser anywhere in the house to keep away flies and mosquitoes.
Perfect for summer 🙂
PLEASE NOTE: Aromatherapy is a complementary therapy. It does not provide a cure for diseases, rashes or illnesses, but it can support conventional treatment of various conditions.
We are not medical doctors and if you are currently on any sort of medication or treatment prescribed by your medical practitioner, please check with them first before attempting any of the therapies or treatments suggested in this course.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please check with your medical practitioner before using any of the essential oil blends suggested here, as some are not suitable to be used during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
The suggestions and remedies on this website are recommended with adults in mind and may not be suitable for young children as their senses, and skins are very sensitive and can cause allergic reactions.