• Lotions & Creams: 5 – 20 %
• Balms: 5 – 100 %
• Bar Soaps: 5 – 20 %
• Hair Conditioners: 2 – 5 %
- 1/3 cup avocado butter
- 1/3-cup shea butter
- 3 drops nettle essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 tsp. almond oil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E oil
- Put your avocado butter and shea butter in a bowl that is hardy enough to be placed in boiling water.
- Add water to saucepan that is bigger that the bowl with your butters, test the level of the water to make sure that you can place the bowl with your butter in it, without the boiling water spilling over or entering your butter mixture. Bring the large saucepan with water and then place the bowl with your butter in it.
- Allow the butters to melt, avocado melts pretty quickly, turn off the fire and remove the bowl with the butter, be careful when handling the containers.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the melted butter using a metal spoon to combine (wooden spoons will absorb your essential oil scent, got this timely info from (http://www.easy-aromatherapy-recipes.com)
- Whip the butter continually for several minutes (just like you would frosting.) You can use an electric hand mixer, to save you time and energy from doing it manually and to get a professional finish. As you keep mixing, it will start to look like whipped cream. The more you whip it, the lighter it will be.
How To Use
– Put mixture in jar when cool.
– As a pre-shampoo treatment, rinse hair and apply to damp strands. Cover with a plastic cap for oils to penetrate hair for an hour or two or put hair in plastic cap and go under overhead dryer for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse out and then shampoo.
– For a deep conditioner, shampoo hair and then apply to damp hair, going under a plastic cap and then allowing the heat to penetrate you hair strands, use the same time as above.
– As a daily moisturizer, use sparingly on hair after a water based moisturizer to seal in the moisture.
Elbow & Heel Balm
- Coco Butter – 1/2 cup
- Avocado Butter – 1/2 cup
- Rose Essential Oil – 10 drops
- Carrier Oil – 2 TBSP
Mix all the ingredients and apply to elbows and heals when they feel dry.
It takes a little time to absorb so it might be a good idea to do this at bedtime or when you have a few minutes to spare.
Store in a cool dry container.